Steve’s Goods – Affiliate Code of Conduct
(updated July 2019)
This Code of Conduct, as may be updated, supplemented or amended at any time, forms a key component of the General Terms & Conditions of STEVE’S GOODS.
Every Affiliate’s compliance with this Code of Conduct is assumed by participating.
This Code of Conduct exists to protect the information, rights and safety of all who interact with Steve’s Goods brand. Every affiliate is and remains liable solely responsible for its own methods and actions and STEVE’S GOODS assumes no liability or responsibility from the methods and actions of affiliates. STEVE’S GOODS is not responsible for information, content, or use of content on third-party websites and does not accept liability for such content on such sites.
1. Affiliates will comply with laws, rules, and regulations that are applicable to their business and publishing activities, including but not limited to those involving privacy, digital media, media, social media, email, online video, and all aspects of consumer protection in advertising. Affiliates must comply with industry best practices and guidelines, and must update practices to suit updates to regulations.
2. Affiliate must at all times:
· refrain from illegal, inappropriate or adult activities (including, but not limited to: criminal acts (ex. discrimination, racism, defamation, abuse, phishing, fraud, SPAM etc.), copyright infringement, trademark infringement or infringement of any other IP rights, privacy infringement, the use of malware or spyware etc.);
· refrain from using personal information of someone (including his/her name) unless the Affiliate prior written approval from that person;
· comply with all guidelines set forth by relevant authorities, such as consumer and market authorities (including, but not limited to the US Federal Trade Commission and any similar authority in all relevant or applicable jurisdictions).;
· not make any misrepresentations or publish misleading information;
· modify or hide any specific disclosures or disclaimers;
· observe and comply with the terms, conditions, guidelines and policies of all third-party services they use, including but not limited to social media services, search engine marketing systems and other third-party services;
· refrain from promotion of tactics, coupons, or other offers through CPA and CPC networks any acquisition or bidding terms inclusive of the brand name STEVE’S GOODS; not syndicate or broker offers to any third-party without STEVE’S GOODS’ prior written approval;
· not include price information in their activities without prior written approval;
· not circumvent any security measures or tracking systems nor attempt to automate or
falsify activity through the links;
· not modify the links or transaction tracker codes in any way;
· not post content on public message boards, chat rooms, in public areas of social networking and/or job sites, including but not limited to Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, personal blogs/sites, business blogs/sites, etc. without STEVE’S GOODS’ prior written approval;
· not create the impression that the website of the Affiliate or its services are provided or endorsed directly by STEVE’S GOODS;
· comply with all data protection laws, rules and regulations in local and regional jurisdictions;
· comply with all reasonable requests from STEVE’S GOODS, including but not limited to, in respect of STEVE’S GOODS’s Notice and Takedown Procedure.
3. If the Affiliate makes use of automated systems/software for business, that Affiliate assumes responsibility that the use thereof will not cause a breach of this Code of Conduct. The Affiliate is liable and fully responsible for any actions taken in response to use of such systems.
4. Affiliates are solely responsible and liable for all aspects of its website(s) and database(s) and for all content that may be displayed on such website(s). STEVE’S GOODS is not responsible for content on third-party websites and does not accept any liability for content on third-party websites.
5. Affiliate will delete, recall and cease the use of content of STEVE’S GOODS immediately after termination of their participation in the STEVE’S GOODS Affiliate program.
6. Affiliates agree to respond to all consumer complaints within twenty-four (24) hours of notification thereof.
8. In case of an alleged breach of this Code of Conduct by an Affiliate, the Affiliate will comply with all investigations from, of, or on behalf of STEVE’S GOODS, and the Affiliate will provide information for investigation to STEVE’S GOODS.
9. Each Affiliate acknowledges that in the event that the Affiliate has breached this Code of Conduct, its name and address may in certain circumstances be disclosed by STEVE’S GOODS to a third-party, such as regulators or legal authorities.
10. Each Affiliate agrees that by clicking on the button labelled “I Agree” (or similar links as may be designated by STEVE’S GOODS) the Affiliate agrees to this Code of Conduct, the Steve’s Goods Affiliate Terms & Conditions, or further code(s) and/or procedure(s) and that by doing so that Affiliate is submitting a legally binding electronic signature and is entering into a legally binding contract. The relevant Affiliate acknowledges that the Affiliate’s electronic submission constitutes Affiliate’s agreement and intent to be bound by the relevant code of conduct, terms & conditions, or further amended code(s) and/or procedure(s).
11. STEVE’S GOODS may change, update or revise this Code of Conduct at any time and such revisions to Code of Conduct will automatically be empowered and applicable as enforceable. Each Affiliate hereby pre-approves and agrees to any amended, supplemented or revised Code of Conduct.
12. STEVE’S GOODS reserves the right to terminate the affiliate account of any participant, at any time, and for any reason it deems necessary, without notice or explanation.
13. EACH AFFILIATE ACKNOWLEDGES AND AGREES THAT A VIOLATION OF THIS CODE OF CONDUCT MAY RESULT IN TERMINATION FROM THE PROGRAM, THE FORFEITURE OF ANY AFFILIATE COMMISSIONS AND THE REQUIREMENT TO RETURN ANY AFFILIATE COMMISSIONS OBTAINED BY MEANS THAT ARE IN BREACH OF THIS CODE OF CONDUCT WITHIN 90 DAYS OF TERMINATION.